Legends is a student-operated facility. We ask that you cooperate fully with Legends staff at all times. All ASU
policies, local and state laws must be adhered to at all times.
- You must be 18 or over (or a currently enrolled ASU student) and have your ASU ID to enter Legends
- Guests of students must be at least 18 years old and must show a valid Government issued ID to enter (State Issued
ID or Driver's License, Military ID, Passport)
- Shoes and shirt must be worn at all times
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes & personal vaporizers) is not permitted inside Legends (smoking is allowed
outside on smoking patio only)
- University policy bans ALL weapons. Weapons will be confiscated and conduct or criminal charges may result
Events at Legends which allow alcoholic beverages are governed by the ASU Alcohol Policy.
- Those 21 years old or older with proper ID may possess or consume alcohol
- Alcohol can not be purchased at Legends, BYOB only
- A 6-pack of beer or wine coolers (72 ounce limit) or a 750 ml. bottle of unfortified wine, per person, may be
brought in Legends at an alcohol permitted event (no liquor is allowed on premises)
- All beverages must be deposited at bar immediately upon entering
- No open containers allowed upon entering or exiting the facility
- Patrons under the age of 18 are not allowed at events where alcohol is permitted
- Anyone who is considered to be negatively affected under the influence of alcohol or drugs, by the Legends staff,
will be denied admission to the event
- Anyone who becomes intoxicated during an event will not be served and will be required to leave without any
remaining beer/wine being returned
Alcohol/Drug policy violations will be dealt with by University Police and will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and/or to local legal authorities.
View the Appalachian State University
Appalachian students are privileged to have facilities which permit the responsible consumption of alcoholic
beverages at certain events. Cooperation is expected and appreciated in order that this privilege remain in effect.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANYONE OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE AFTER DRINKING. EVENT STAFF WILL ASSIST ANYONE IN FINDING
A SAFE RIDE HOME IF REQUESTED. REMEMBER, FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE DRUNK. AN ASU POLICE OFFICER WILL BE AT
ANY EVENT THAT HAS ALCOHOL TO KEEP PATRONS SAFE!
View more information on the
Mountaineer Safe Ride Program
Legends is available for reservations by student clubs, organizations, and other campus affiliated groups. Certain
restrictions do apply. If you are interested in reserving Legends for an event, please contact:
Office of Community-Engaged Leadership
2nd Floor, Plemmons Student Union
Email: David Tye - email@example.com
For more information see the Legends Section of the Plemmons Student Union and Legends Policy Manual.
Most entertainment that is booked at Legends is managed through the Appalachian Popular Programming Society (APPS),
which is overseen by Campus Activities. Outside event promoters and bands are not permitted to book Legends directly.
Usage Policy For Clubs
- The sponsoring organization will be responsible for the control and supervision of members and guests.
- Proper identification (ASU ID) is required at all events. Organizations sponsoring a BYOB event must know that all
students must have an ASU ID and a photo driver's license or state issued ID card if they choose to consume
beer/wine. Each student with an ASU ID may have three guests. Each guest must have a state issued ID card or
- Two designated members of the organization having a BYOB party or fundraising event must meet with the supervisor
15 minutes prior to the doors being opened to discuss their role in supervision of the event. Members working the
event will not consume any alcohol beverages and make regular inspections of all designated areas and restrooms. It
is the responsibility of the designated members to intervene when problems arise.
- If admission is charged any advance ticket sales must be approved by the Legends Manager.
- Fees for any damages will be assessed and are due immediately.
- Misconduct or cost for damages will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct.
- Members and guests will be expected to adhere to all posted rules for the use of Legends.
- Anyone who is considered to be negatively under the influence of alcohol or drugs by the Facility Staff will be
denied admission to the event. Anyone who becomes intoxicated during an event will be required to leave and no
beer/wine will be returned.
- Last call for beer or wine will be 30 minutes prior to closing. Music will stop 15 minutes prior to closing.
- All decorations must be discussed and approved by Manager prior to event. No confetti, glitter, candles or hay,
etc., permitted on premises. All items (food, decorations, etc. ) brought in by organization must be taken out of
the building or placed in trash cans before leaving building ($50 Removal fee minimum added).
- Guest lists must be in writing and supplied to Manager prior to doors opening for event. All guests must have
positive state issued identification card or driver's license.
- Cancelation of this contract must be made prior to 5 p.m., 10 days before the event in order to receive a full
- Failure to comply with the terms of this contract may result in early termination of the event. Disciplinary
action will be taken and loss of social privileges or probation for the use of the facility may also result.
- Organizations wishing to file a grievance or appeal may do so in writing to the Facility Manager no later than 5
days after the event